Friday, September 19, 2008

My Farewell....

So I have finally finally decided to quit wow, or World of Warcraft. I was getting to the point where it was dragging on so long, I was having trouble doing my daily tasks. I can say it was a very fun experience, and a very good way for me to bring my gaming experience to a new level. But with the way my life is turning around now, there is no way I can continue to play and raid every night. And with me and playing a computer game as fun, as addictive as that, it's either all or nothing. There is no in between.

I could not raid any longer. The pain and the hurt I was feeling not only through myself but through my family, my husband, my doggies, I was mistreating all of them. Giving all my attention to the WOW game, and nothing for anyone else. I was forgetting peoples names at work, forgetting work that needs to be done on a daily basis, such as laundry. My eating habits worsened and knowing that eating Wendy's 3 times a week is not very mature, or healthy.

This "I quit" post is for real. I sold my dwarf priest to a friend of mine that was in our "Rapture" guild with us. I am beginning to forget the dungeons, the zones, fight scenes and how to play. Forgetting how to farm, leveling, and the fun quests where you have to find a bucket in the middle of a forest.

It just stopped being fun. It stopped being worthwhile. Honestly, what was it really going to get me in my lifetime. Maybe if I was retired, or had no job and a but load of income coming to me, that would be a good reason to play, or continue playing. World of Warcraft just got old. I know may friends that quit too, for my same reasoning.

It is funny when you think about it. You are joined together with about 25-40 people every night for about 6 days a week. More than likely, you will never meet these people in real life, you will never see their faces other than a few pictures on the web. You could never high-five them, or go driving with them to a late night snack at Wendy's or IHOP. I am just sending plain examples out there that most people, that communicate in a common-friendly type of manner. It does seem awkward, but this is the way our future, our voice of communication is headed. Being involved with 50 other people around the world you will never see or even hear much less, is strange, strange to me and I am involved in computers everyday.

So I am sending out my farewell to my Warlock, My hunter, My priest, My druid, and my bank alts. I am most likely going to sell my account. I want to sell it all in one shot. Even if I have to pay someone to sell it. My life does not require 50 people to tell me I am doing a good job or a bad job nightly. I can handle that myself telling myself I am doing a good job in my life, and it's work, but such is life.

I still check the forums, I still check the progress. The daily mundane tasks. The daily farming for potions, and preparation for the nightly raiding. Watching everyone else's dkp and making sure that you put all in for blankety blankety item. I still think about warcraft when I see the "Mr T: Night Elf Mohawk" Commercial.

And yet I still miss it.

No comments: